Network event 'The Future of Circular Textile in Europe' 25/05/2023
Don't miss the Flanders Flooring Days! As part of this renowed trade fair event, join the exclusive networking event 'The Future of Circular Textile in Europe'.
During the Flanders Flooring Days between Monday 22 May and Thursday 25 May 2023, leading flooring companies will be opening their showrooms to an international audience. The range of innovative and durable floor coverings is nothing short of impressive. Industrial companies that are strongly committed to innovation and collaboration; these are at the heart of the cluster operation New Materials in West Flanders. The Circular Materials Center is the ultimate research and training centre for the plastics and textiles sector. It is also a meeting place for companies and knowledge institutions where expertise and practical experience are shared.
Further to the Flanders Flooring Days, the West Flanders Gateway to Europe partnership, which supports international entrepreneurship in West Flanders, is organising the exclusive networking event 'The Future of Circular Textile in Europe' on Thursday 25 May.
We will be elaborating on the EU's strategic policy vision for circular textiles and also bringing some testimonials on how the companies are producing and internationally marketing circular and sustainable floor coverings. What does Europe think floors should look like in 2030? Afterwards, we will offer you a networking lunch in the presence of international companies and experts in the field of floor coverings and (interior) textiles.
Join the networking event on the last day of Flanders Flooring Days and make new contacts at the Circular Materials Center!
11am I Welcome at the Circular Materials Center
11.30am I Start Programme
- Introduction: West Flanders, Gateway to Europe - a partnership for entrepreneurship in an international perspective - Lieven Tack, Managing Director, POM West-Vlaanderen, provincial development corporation
- Keynote: The EU strategy for sustainable and circular textiles and its impact on global supply chains - Dirk Vantyghem, Director General, Euratex
- Company testimonials on circular and sustainable flooring within research and industry:
- Ine De Vilder, Research Scientist, Centexbel
- Femke Faelens, Sustainability Manager, Beaulieu International Group
- Sébastien Combey, Global Technical Services Manager, Unilin
- Final word: Karla Basselier, CEO Fedustria, the trade association of companies in the textile, wood and furniture industries
12:45pm I Networking lunch
1:45pm | Optional Tour @ Circular Materials Center
- For whom?
- Visitors to the Flanders Flooring Days events
- Companies active within the floor covering industry
- Experts and partners from the textile sector
- Where? Circular Materials Center, KU Leuven KULAK campus
Etienne Sabbelaan 49, B-8500 Kortrijk
- When?Thursday 25 May 2023 at 11am
- Entrance? Free
- Interested? Register by 12pm on Monday 22 May 2023 The number of places is limited.
Register now or return to the Flanders Flooring Days website.
ABOUT 'WEST FLANDERS, GATEWAY TO EUROPE'
This networking event is an initiative of POM West-Vlaanderen, Voka West-Vlaanderen, Flanders Investment and Trade, UNIZO West-Vlaanderen, TUA West and Fedustria in the framework of the CONQUER project. Under the heading 'West Flanders, Gateway to Europe', we are joining forces to (further) prepare West Flanders entrepreneurs for an international future.
The Future of Circular Textile in Europe is organised in tandem with partners Centexbel and Kortrijk Xpo.
27 September 2022 Invest Week Edition 2022 – West Flanders day – M&M / Food / New Materials - kopie
27 September 2022 Invest Week Edition 2022 – West Flanders day – M&M / Food / New Materials
2 to 3 June 2022 Agri-food smart specialisation event: Working together towards future proof food systems
17 to 18 March 2021 Belgian Offshore Days 2021