Agri-food smart specialisation event: Working together towards future proof food systems
Be our guest at this agri-food smart specialisation event: Working together towards future proof food systems, the international networking event where the future of the agri-food industry is outlined. Join us and discover for yourself what successful cooperation can achieve. Let's work together in creating sustainable food systems!
West Flanders, your Gateway to Europe. Our region is renowned for its production and processing of meat, fish, vegetables, potatoes, and grain. Over 8000 farmers and more than 900 small and medium-sized enterprises account for over 35000 jobs. This intricate network of companies, in cooperation with knowledge centres and government initiatives, provides the perfect breeding ground for innovation and entrepreneurship.
During our international network event, you get to experience FOR FREE first-hand what a successful collaboration can achieve. Tour the Food Region, enjoy exquisite tastes at the Rodenbach brewery, and discover our test facilities, knowledge hubs, greenhouses, and campuses. Participate in workshops, learn from renowned keynote speakers and discover new ways we can work together to create resilient and sustainable food systems.
Deadline registration: 20/05/2022
The registration deadline has passed. Registration for this event is no longer possible.
|Who should attend:|
|Where:||West Flanders, start at Spanjestraat 135, 8800 Roeselare|
|Price:||Free. Optional evening program costs €80 ( incl. guided tour of the Rodenbach brewery, reception and walking dinner)|
|Facilities:||Discover the schedule, transport options and our hotel recommendations here.|
You can choose to participate one or two days.
Day 1 @ Rodenbach site
09:00 - Welcome
09:20 - Plenary session
- Introduction: A. Tavernier, Director Economy, European and International cooperation, Province of West Flanders
- Keynote 'Innovations as an anwer to the challenges in sustainability we face in food, health and environment.' C. Van Hoof, Vice President R&D, OnePlanet Research Center.
- Panel discussion: How the Province of West Flanders invests in future proof local food systems, L. Tack, M. Demeulemeester, C. Destoop, Managing Directors POM West Flanders, Inagro, TUA West, & L. Lefever, Coordinator section European programmes and international cooperation Province of West-Flanders
- Keynote: Living labs as an approach towards a sustainable food system in the city region, I. Pertry, Business Developer, Inagro - CITIES2030
10:45 - Break
11:15 - Technical talks
Join one of the following parallel sessions:
|Session 1: Food production in urban environments (limited entry - max. 50 participants)||Session 2: Food processing (limited entry - max. 50 participants)||Session 3: European cooperations in food and health research (limited entry - max. 50 participants)|
12:45 - Lunch & networking
13:45 - Inspirational visits in the Flemish agri-food region
Join one of the following tours in the Food Region:
|Tour 1: Sustainable primary production (limited entry - max. 50 participants)||Tour 2: Food processing (limited entry - max. 50 participants)||Tour 3: Food & health (limited entry - max. 50 participants)|
|This tour takes you to Inagro and Ardo.
||This tour takes you to VEG-i-TEC and Lipids Lab.
|This tour takes you inside the kitchen of AZ Delta and to the FR&D Hall.
17:00 - Evening program (optional - €80 p.p.)
- Rodenbach tour: Visit the Rodenbach brewery, founded by Pedro Rodenbach in 1821. This 150-year-old site is world-renowned for its 294 oak foeders and is protected as industrial heritage.
- Walking dinner: During this all-inclusive dinner, we serve you refined dishes created with top-notch Flemish products.
Day 2 @ Agrotopia/Huis van de Voeding/ Vives Campus
09:00 - Stakeholder engagement and co-creation sessions
Join one of the following sessions:
|Session 1: Food production in urban environments @ Agrotopia||Session 2: Food processing @ Huis van de Voeding||Session 3: Food & health @ Vives Campus|
12:00 - Lunch & networking (optional)
The lunch & networking session is optional. If you would like to receive a take-away lunch, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us and connect with international partners sharing similar ambitions!
Registration for this event is closed.
- You can only cancel your registration through email.
- Cancellations must be made at least 1 week before the event. If you fail to respect this deadline, we will be forced to charge a cancellation fee (the full price of the evening program).
- New COVID-19 rules may force us to cancel or alter your visit.
27 September 2022 Invest Week Edition 2022 – West Flanders day – M&M / Food / New Materials - kopie
27 September 2022 Invest Week Edition 2022 – West Flanders day – M&M / Food / New Materials
17 to 18 March 2021 Belgian Offshore Days 2021
18 March 2021 Final event Inn2POWER project: Head for your innovative offshore wind future